Tapping Out.
Dawnian Productions has just completed, 'Tapping Out' (now available to view on YouTube). For those of you who are unsure of what 'Tapping Out' means. It signifies that one has given up, quit or has admitted defeat. 'Tapping out' is an expression I have become more aware of recently. It is something I have witnessed in other people. I have also recognised it in myself. One might be having a conversation, reading instructions on how to do something, listening to someone talk or explain something and I can see by their expression, their eyes, their body posture...that they have tapped out (I would describe this in myself as, 'eyes glazing over').
We live in an age of convenient exits. If a task becomes difficult, a relationship becomes complicated, or an idea challenges our assumptions, there's always a button to press, another distraction to chase, or another device to focus on. We've become accustomed to abandoning books, conversations, commitments, study, and even convictions the moment they demand effort. Yet the things that matter most - character, truth, faith and meaningful friendships and relationships, are rarely found and sustained without perseverance, courage and hope. In a culture that celebrates comfort and convenience, there is much to lose or forfeit by tapping out. My hope is that pastoral, authentic and genuine connection, become the mark of your 'journey'. Chaplains and Pastoral Carers call this, 'staying in the moment' (some also call this 'sacred space') It takes practice, and it is very rewarding...and aren't you glad that God doesn't tap out on us? I am!
Comments
Post a Comment