Perfect!
'Perfect'- the latest video from Dawnian Productions You Tube Channel, has just been uploaded. What does perfection mean? It is a word one might use to describe a wife, husband, business partner, friend? It is a word one would use to describe a holiday, a home, a location, a moment, a project, a product, a car? Maybe 'perfect' means absolutely nothing to you, and is just a word. Maybe you are wondering why I am talking about this, at all! Good point. Firstly, I'm talking about this because it relates to a video Dawnian Productions has just produced. Maybe, 'perfect' is a word that describes a world we all might want to live in. It seems, wherever I go, I hear people talking about how things are in the world - the violence, the chaos, war, terrorism, the acceptance of evil over good, racial tensions, and so much more. Most of us have given up of ever seeing a better world. We have all, but lost hope of having anything close to a perfect world, or at least heading in the right direction!!
In this video, I ended it with briefly looking at the Shroud of Turin (I encourage you to look at current research about this, particularly the work of Dr Jeremiah Johnston). There is some astounding revelations that have been made through Johnston's research! I included the Shroud, because, I felt that the usual (often feminised) representation of Jesus, was wholly inadequate to reference the idea of perfection. Jesus, as depicted through the embedded image on the Shroud, is believed to be the image of the perfect Son of God, and the one who gave His perfect life for us. What is even more incredible is that the Shroud could possibly show the exact moment Jesus was resurrected from the dead.
Even though we all do 'perfect' in different ways, there IS a perfect world up ahead for all of us, and there is someone, who paid the ultimate price (being tortured to death on a cross) so that we do not have to endure eternal punishment for our (less than perfect) offensive behaviour against God. Jesus, as the perfect sacrifice, paid our debt, with His life on the cross and offers us forgiveness. Our idea of perfection is so far below God's perfect character! But Jesus (God's perfect Son) has gone before us and is, right now, preparing a perfect eternal home for us...for you. He is inviting you to come.
What's holding you back?
Comments
Post a Comment