The Rock
I can't believe I've waited this long to make a video entitled 'The Rock'. I'm not sure why I say that, apart from the fact that the word, Rock is synonymous with so much around us, at the moment. It is such a strong-sounding word. There is rock music, people who are called the Rock (e.g. Dwayne Johnson), It describes something firm and stable (what the world needs about now!). Strangely 'rock and sway', also describe the movement of the earth during an earthquake, tsunami or volcanic eruption, It describes things that one sees happening in the world which 'rocks' (greatly unsettles and disturbs) one's worldview and the understanding of what is normal and rational. It also describes the narcissistic (overly confident, self centred worship) world in which we live. And I haven't even mentioned Jesus as the Rock! Whatever the world is putting you through at the moment, there is one certainty among all of the confusion, noise and chaos -Jesus is Lord, Saviour, Redeemer, Messiah, Son of God, Good Shepherd, God, Alpha and Omega, Lamb of God, Wonderful Counsellor, Light of the World and Prince of Peace (all that and so much more!). Jesus is the Rock on which you can stand, depend upon, trust. You are deeply loved by God. You may not feel it at the moment due to your circumstances, but based on the Word of God (Ephesians 3:18,19), the love that God has for you is immeasurable, beyond understanding. And surrounded by that love and with your feet on the Rock, you are safe in Him.
Comments
Post a Comment